Things you need to know when moving house with us:
Estimates - you can get a house removal estimate online by filling in a quote form an estimate will be emailed to you within one day. This online quote is a good guideline of your removal cost, although for most removal jobs we also do a site visit to inspect your furniture for any problematic items and to look at the access to your property for our removal lorry. You can book a site visit when you have a firm removal date. A written estimate will be given within one day of the site visit.
Insurance - we care about your possesions and you are automatically covered by our limited liability insurance cover so we will pay you up to £40 for each item lost damaged or stolen. We will accept standard liability cover of up to £20,000 per vehicle if you provide a signed valued inventory of your furniture prior to any furniture being moved. If your require insurance more than £20,000 per vehicle then a quote can be provided. Full details about our insurance are in the terms of business. If you have home and contents insurance already speak to your insurance company as they often provide free cover for your possessions when you are moving.
Packaging - we provide all packaging materials for every removal job we do, heavy duty double wall boxes, packing paper and tape.
- Boxes will be charged at a cost of 75p for small boxes (48cm by 28cm by 38cm) and £1 for large boxes (40cm by 40cm by 58cm). Boxes will have been used once before but will be in excellent condition.
- Tape is charged at £1 per roll
- Wrapping paper full ream £10 half £5 third £3.50
- Bubble wrap is available but we charge you £20 per roll 0.5m by 100m
- Portable wardrobe boxes are also available free of charge on request on the day of your removal but we will take them away. If you want to buy them then we charge £9 each.
Packaging will be provided when you book your removal and pay a deposit to reserve your date. A professional packing and unpacking service is available if you wish at an additional cost, this may be carried out on your removal day or prior to your removal depending on the size of your move.
Removing doors and dismantling furniture - on occasions your furniture will not fit into your new property or out of your old property meaning that it will have to be dismantled and rebuild. We can help you with this but we will charge as it adds time to your removal. A member of staff will advise you if we need to do this on the day of your move or during the estimate. Your other option is to put the offending item in your garage and do it yourself at a later date or ignore our advise and force the item in which could result in damage. You will be charged the following:
- remove and replace a screwed door £10
- split and reassemble a bed or a childs cot or cotbed £15 (divan beds are free)
- split and reassemble a bunk bed £30
- split and reassemble a single wardrobe £25 (£12.50 to strip £12.5 to build)
- split and reassemble a double wardrobe £30 (£15 to strip £15 to build)
- split and reassemble a tripple wardrobe £40 (£20 to strip £20 to build)
- remove and replace arms on a sofa £15 each arm
- Remove and replace doors on American fridge £20 may vary
Storage - we charge for the house removal work loading and unloading storage into a third party storage area - we will recommend one depending on your requirements and your budget. The cost of storage is payable directly to the storage company.